Thursday, August 24, 2006

Mezzanine Owls: Lightbulb mp3



Album: Slingshot Echoes

I believe Mezzanine Owls is the band to watch (or listen to!) in 2006. I never heard of them until they sent me a friend request on Myspace. Say whatever you want about Myspace. The truth is that Myspace has revolutionized music and how bands promote themselves. It has become easier for bands to connect with music fans and get their tunes heard as well as communicate with listeners.

Mezzanine Owls manages to pay homage to such bands as Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, Ride, and The Cure effectively without ripping them off. They've created their own unique sound that is intelligent and will leave you mesmerized. The vocals, in particular, are surely a highlight for me as they remind me a bit of Bono of U2.

Quite often full-length records feature the stronger tracks near the beginning and leave a few weaker songs at the end. This is not the case with Slingshot Echoes. In fact, my favorite tunes could very well be the last two, particularly "Dark Too Early". As a whole, the record is amazing, musically smart, and focused. Believe me--there's no "dud" on this album.


The chosen track "Lightbulb" is off their soon to be release full-length Slingshot Echoes. Listen to more tracks on their myspace page.
null

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home