Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cheyenne - The Land Rush EP



Release date: 6/5/2007

Imagine it's a clear summer eve and you're sitting on your back porch. All you hear are the sound of crickets and Cheyenne's Land Rush EP playing on "repeat". This charming EP can either sooth your soul or melt the coldest heart. Beau Jennings and Co. have come up with 6 new tunes to precede the full-length which is due out later this year.This EP is a bit more high-octane and upbeat than Cheyenne's last full-length "I Am Haunted, I Am Alive". The stand-out tracks on this EP are "This Is The Fashion", "The Army Marching Past", and my personal favorite "I'll Be Gone" which is so good I think it's worth the price of the EP alone. The folkish, twangy, light strumming of the guitar is perfectly complemented by the sounds of the harmonica. They build the song to a climax where Jennings sings

"I'll be gone before you wake up. I'll be wrong and you'll be right...but I'll be damned if I don't make you love me tonight."

If I had to pick the song on this EP that would win (or even break) your heart, it would be this one. Whether you enjoyed the first full-length or if this is your introduction to Cheyenne, you likely won't be disappointed with this EP.
Cheyenne has managed to re-incorporate the same passion and folk-alternative sensibility that stole your heart on "I am Haunted, I am Alive". They've expanded their sound and will have you kicking up your heels and singing along even more with "The Land Rush". Think of a bar fight breaking out in the once quiet saloon you liked so much and you'll get an idea of what to expect. The difference is here you'll end up with a great six-song EP and no one gets hurt or arrested. Everyone wins.

Listen to some tracks from The Land Rush EP at Cheyenne's Myspace page, www.myspace/cheyenne.


null

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home